Tuesday, February 13, 2018

I'm On A Mission...

Hi folks...where does time go...Monday's been and gone and before I know, the weekend will  be here and I'll be heading off to Stitches...the UK Craft Trade Show held at the NEC in Birmingham from Sunday through to Tuesday. I'm not working this time so it's going to be a fun few days, spending time with some very special friends, doing what we do best, drinking coffee and chatting in Wetherspoons, wandering the show/catching up with all the latest products and our favourite retailers and chilling out in the evening with some delicious grub and a glass or two of vino.
So I'm on a mission to nail some projects this week with the new products that have arrived in the cubbyhole, starting off with Simon Says Stamp February Card Kit-A Colorful Crafty Life
and at the time of writing, there were still a few kits available to buy.
I unleashed CLEAN AND SIMPLE ME again to make a quick and easy card
I trimmed a panel of Audrey Blue cardstock to be slightly smaller than the A2 card blank and fixed to the card with the SSS Craft Tacky Glue from the kit. I then trimmed a panel of white card to be slightly smaller and embossed it with the Tim Holtz Dot Matrix Texture Fade. I used Sizzix Circle Framelits Dies to die-cut apertures in a panel of white cardstock which I fixed temporarily to the embossed panel with low tack tape. I popped the die cut circles back into the negative spaces, using them as masks to protect the adjoining circles while I inked each circle with Distress Oxide ink using a mini round blending tool. 
I stamped the sentiment from the Crafty Friend stamp set which is available to buy separately with SSS Intense Black ink and trimmed to fit across the bottom of the embossed panel... 
I stamped the color palette, brushes and tube of paint with SSS Intense Black ink on to scrap card and cut out. I restamped the brushes with Distress Oxide inks and cut out the bristle sections. I coloured the dots of paint on the palette with Distress Oxide inks and added Glossy Accents to them and the bristles of the brushes.
Most of the items in the kit are available to buy separately, you can find them HERE
I'll be back later to share another February Card Kit card, in the meantime I've found myself slightly distracted from the aforementioned mission because some Tim Holtz/Sizzix Happy Mail has arrived.
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx