Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Tick Tock....I've Assembled A Clock...

Hi folks...I've had an Assemblage Clock for a while but never seemed to find the time to decorate it. I realised the clock was ticking  (excuse the pun) and if it was going to be ready for Christmas 2017, I needed to get a wiggle on.
But before you can Assemble you need to Un-Assemble and at this point I was a little bit concerned that the Re-assemble part of the project would not go according to plan. But in for a penny in for a pound I painted it inside and out with two coats of Evergreen Bough Distress Paint lightened down with some Picket Fence and sanded it back to reveal some of the metal and believe me, no-one was more surprised than me when everything was re-assembled and it actually looked like a clock again. A bit of a polishing the old halo and shouting from the rooftops moment in the cubbyhole.
and voila...I'm now the proud owner of one "fun to decorate and easy to put back together" Assemblage Clock.
But hindsight is a wonderful thing and I realise now that I should have photographed the decoration inside in more detail before I added the snow and glitter and fixed the back on the clock. Basically I used Christmas Ephemera, die cut the deers and trees from Tim Holtz/Sizzix Thinlits Winter Wonderland and Home for the Holidays, added a small Woodland Tree, a Wood Slice, snowflakes from Frozen Findings, Christmas Quote Chips and Idea-ology Baubles...

I die cut Tim Holtz/Sizzix Thinlts Garden Greens from white cardstock, inked with Vintage Photo at the edges, white cardstock coloured with Evergreen Bough Distress Paint and added Ranger White Enamel Accents and  Silver Metallic Kraftstock sanded back to reveal the kraft core...
added the foliage, Frozen Findings snowflakes and Gilded Christmas Remnant Rubs to the glass

and a triple Crinkle Ribbon bow...
I'll be back tomorrow to share another project for the Tim Holtz Holiday Inspiration Series and I think that maybe, this one is my favourite.
Hugs Kath xxx