Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Monstrous Makes...

Hi folks...I'm back to share the cards I made for Tim Holtz Halloween Inspiration Series using Stampers Anonymous Monstrous Stamp Set along with a quick how-to and links to the products I used. Let's kick off with my favourite image from the stamp set...this old gnarly deliciously wicked witch and I can't make up my mind if that is a wart on the end of her nose or a big old drip.
I cut the wood plank paper from Tim's Idea-ology Halloween 8 x 8 Paper Stash to be slightly smaller than my black card blank, added some Halloween Ephemera, stamped Stampers Anonymous Cobweb from the Skulls and Cobweb Stamp Set randomly on the background with Black Archival Ink and added Idea-ology Halloween Clippings to tell a scary tale.
I applied Ranger Opaque Crackle Texture Paste coloured with Black Soot Distress Reinker through the Flames Layering Stencil and added Halloween Remnant Rubs. Once the Texture Paste was dry I applied a coat of Ranger Collage Medium Matte over the background. I stamped the witch 4 times on to Ranger Distress Watercolor card, coloured her with Distress Markers and fussy cut the different sections.
I used Walnut Stain Distress Crayon around the Ephemera and Clippings, blending it out with my finger to create shading and applied Picket Fence Distress Crayon on top to create spooky highlghts.
I then applied Picket Fence Distress Crayon over the Texture Paste which really emphasises the crackle. I added the witch and the hair and popped her hat and ear up on 3D foam to create dimension.
and wrapping up (forgve the pun) with the second card using the Mummy from the same set. Again I used the wood plank paper and the cobweb stamp for the background. I cut out individual planks  from a scrap of the wood plank paper leaving them with jagged edges, inked them with Black Soot Distress Ink and fixed vertically on to the card. I stamped the Mummy and sentiment on to Ranger Distress Watercolor card, coloured with Distress Markers, inked the edges lightly with Black Soot Distress Ink and cut out. I popped the Mummy up on 3D foam over a scrap of cheesecloth, masked off this section with a piece of scrap paper and created blood splatters with Candied Apple Distress Paint.

I used Halloween Transparent Tiles and Label Letters to create the word "BOO" and added staples here and there
Tim will be sharing projects throughout the week on instagram and facebook and will post a recap of all the projects from Halloween Inspiration Series Week 2 on Saturday so make sure you pop over to his BLOG and check them all out.
I'm hanging up my witches hat for now and getting in the Christmas groove with the stamp set that Simon Says Stamp sent me from their new release which, woohoo stand by your beds, goes live tomorrow. I'll be back soon to share what I've made, in the meantime, cue Mr Buble and Jingle Bells.
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx