Thursday, October 12, 2017

A Spooky Mixed Media Panel...

H folks...I'm sharing the how-to and the list of products I used to make my Spooky Mixed Media Panel for the Tim Holtz Halloween Inspiration Series. Are you enjoying it so far, isn't it amazing, incredible projects from lots of wonderfully talented crafters using all the fabulous Tim Holtz Halloween products from Stampers Anonymous, Sizzix and Idea-ology. If you missed Tim's recap of Week 1, you can see it HERE.
OK...back to the Spooky Mixed Media Panel...I cut a piece of thick chipboard to measure 8" x 8" the same size as the paper from the Halloween Idea-ology Stash Pad. I used Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stitched Rectangles Thnlits to cut the apertures, inked around the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink, fixed contrasting paper behind and fixed the panel to the chipboard with Distress Collage Medium Matte. I used Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide ink with a mini round blending tool to add a little bit of  colour to the background.
I stamped the Cobweb, Cat, Spiders and Ghost from Tim Holtz Halloween Cling Foam Stamp Set with Black Soot Distress Paint using the Stamp Platform, the perfect tool to allow you to stamp on this uneven surface, restamping if necessary to get the best coverage. Once the paint was dry, I restamped the Ghost with Picket Fence Distress Paint slightly offset to create a shadow effect. I cut diamond shapes from one of the Halloween papers, added Halloween Clippings, a Halloween Transparent Tile, Halloween Design Tape, an Idea-ology Broomstick underneath the cat and a Framed Portrait which I sanded to give a distressed look, decorated with a stamped witches' hat, Halloween Ephemera and an Idea-ology Halloween Word Band fixed to black sparkly Halloween Trimmings.  I also used the trimmings to give the cat a sparkly collar.
I coloured the Spooky card from Halloween Ephemera with Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide and added Halloween Spider Remnant Rubs. I stamped the sentiment from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Monstrous with Black Archival in the top aperture and finished off by adding Black Soot Distress Paint to the edges of the panel.
Tim will be sharing all the projects from Week 2 on Saturday, so be sure to pop by his BLOG and be prepared for lots of amazing spooky cool inspiration.
Hugs Kath xxx