Friday, August 5, 2016

I'm not gonna lie...

Hi Everyone...it's Friday and woohoo another day's homework for Creative Chemistry is done and dusted...
and I'm not gonna lie...I found Day 2 a bit of a struggle...don't know why but it happens to us all from time to time...one of those days when things just don't come together and I lost count of the "dog's dinner" efforts that ended up in the bin...a bit frustrating but there's no point beating yourself up so I took some time out and hooked up with my furry walking companion...guaranteed to blow those negative vibes right out of my head. And lo and behold on my return I suddenly saw things with fresh eyes...what was all the fuss about...it's only a background after all...
it's amazing how a little bit of paint splattering and  stamping can turn things around...now I'm happy and note to self...don't overthink stuff...just go with the flow...it's a manila tag for heavens sake...not the Mona Lisa.
and don't tell our Professor but I'm skiving off from my Creative Chemistry 103 Day 3 homework today to take a little "getting to know you" trip with my new set of wheels.
But I'll be back in plenty of time for today's class. Have a great weekend everyone whatever you have planned and I'll see you all on Monday to share my DT project for a brand new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
Hugs Kath xxx

11 comments:

  1. Lovely tags Kath.
    Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your new wheels.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your new wheels - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No consolation Kath, but I struggled with the painty techniques too and many of mine ended up in the bin, I think I over-thought it too. But your samples look amazing, I love your colour choices! Nice new set of wheels too! I hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes. That there over-thinking thing and I are old friends. Even though I know how important it is to take a break to find the answer, I still somehow insist on ploughing on in the hopes of a miracle. And you are so right... Whatever the daily issue, it's rarely life or death and I'm not trying to create world peace! Time to take a chill pill. Thanks for the reminder, Kath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW,LOVE all of the Tags,clever you.Liking the new wheels too.Have a lovely Weekend,it's our Carnival tomorrow woo hoooo.Big Huggles and even Bigger Cuddles for Buddy.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tags, Kath...I need to win the lottery so that I can get myself EVERYTHING that is TH :). I would so like to be able to play along. I remember that not so long ago I said to my crafty friend, "What's all the fuss about distress inks, I'm not wasting my limited funds on a gimick" of course now I'm on the way to having a nice collection of them. I've got a long way to go before I have a complete set but so far I think I've got 24 ink pads and around 8 or 9 reinkers...and my Crazy Dogs arfrived this morning while I was out so I think I'm officially adicted lol.
    Bejay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tags Kath, I love your new card and hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Kath, I just love them and your new wheels are pretty fabulous two.....hugs for Buddy..xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kath. Wow your day turned out good in the end! I think all the tags are stunning. As for the new wheels, wow. Enjoy your new toy, but go careful. Big hug for Buddy and smiles for you. Hugs. Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Right there with you Kath, I struggled with that technique as well, yours came out beautifully! Love the colour palette you used and yes, it is only a manila tag so not sure why we stress over it so much LOL! Great looking new wheels, enjoy and hope that Buddy is on the road to recovery. Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow gorgeous tags. I bet you are having fun despite the "hiccups".

    ReplyDelete