Thursday, May 14, 2015

Carte Postale

Hi folks...I'm back with another project using the fabulous products from Decoart...this time a "Carte Postale-Paris themed" canvas...
and this time I did remember to take step-by-step photos.  I started off with an 8" x 8" piece of thick chipboard...covered it with several layers of tissue paper using Decou-page Matte...scrunching it up a little bit as I laid it on to create a bit of background texture.
then I added a piece of Mixed Media die cut and some embossed sections at random...
applied a coat of Americana Decor Chalky Finish Primitive and dried brushed with Everlasting to highlight the textured areas...
I used Andy Skinner's French Elements Stencil and Americana Decor Chalky Finish Carbon...making sure not to overload the Cut 'N Dry with paint...
 ignore that smudge in the corner...it will be covered up...
 added some metal elements from my stash and painted them with Primitive...
at this point I had a change of heart and decided to paint the elements with Carbon and highlight with Primitive..I picked up a small amount of paint on my finger and rubbed lightly over the elements drying between coats until I was happy with the result...
and then highlighted the texture on the background in the same way with the luscious Metallic Lustres...Gold Rush and Copper Kettle...much more of a metallic sheen than the camera picked up...


and voila as they say in Paris...the finished canvas...
See you all tomorrow...in the meantime...enjoy your day
Hugs Kath xxx