Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sorry...

Hi folks...it's a great big sorry from me this morning...I know I promised you some crafty stuff BUT blame the Man from The Met...his prediction of rain...rain and more rain didn't happen...now there's a surprise...in fact he got it horribly wrong...it turned to be another beautiful blue sky sunshiney day in my neck of the woods and I had a cubbyhole crew mutiny on my hands. Outnumbered I took myself off out to the garden for a little potter around and of course there were lots of sitting down on the job cuppas...
and lots of snoozy moments for my furry companion...although a concrete pillow wouldn't be my choice of where to rest my weary head...
 with a little bit of a short back and sides trim for the shrubs...
and moving around of pots...
 although this big boy will be staying put...he weighs a ton and I don't have access to a crane...
and woohoo the first clematis of the year to flower...I love it's pale cream petals tinged with pink...
and another woohoo moment...I cut back this hydrangea 3 years ago...apparently that's a big NO NO...it's never flowered since and was destined for the tip...
but if you look closely...there are flower buds...it just goes to show that good things come to those who wait and patience is a virtue...
The forecast for today is RAIN but they may well get it wrong AGAIN so just in case I don't make it back to the cubbyhole...I've gathered together some bits and pieces for a "it's just as well I don't live in a warm sunshine all year round place" GIVE-AWAY.
See you tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx

14 comments:

  1. One cannot deny oneself outside time. As they say Make Hay While the Sun Shines, ie get the gardening done, before locking yourself inside. That's what winter is for. Spring/summer is a time to balance our lives. It's memories from this time of the year that carries us through the rainy season.

    Brenda in Maple Ridge, near Vancouver, BC-RAIN capital of Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garden looking good Kath. I can't believe how far on your Petunias are, and with beautiful blooms too. Enjoy your Day, coz we have rain down here in Ayrshire. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is looking lovely - enjoy the sunshine as who knows when it will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had sunshine yesterday, it was glorious here in Stockport too. Your garden looks lovely and tidy and Buddy looks so comfortable too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just bought a beautiful blue hydrangea Kath, will take note of your pruning and not do the same. Garden is gorgeous Kath, and buddy looks comfortable regardless of his choice of pillow. Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a real gardening weekend Kath, glad you enjoyed yours x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rain has arrived here so you certainly made the right choice to enjoy the sunshine while you could.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing some snaps of your garden, I always enjoy seeing what others are doing :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are beautiful. Buddy you are such an adorable boy. Hope you get lots of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did the right thing to enjoy the sun while you had it. Don't think it's going to be around for long. I could do with spending a few hours in my garden too, but we're off to spend time with Brody. He's very excited about Grandad and Granjan taking him to Legoland!! Hope I survive it. Have a lovely time while I'm away everyone!! Thanks, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. your garden is looking beautiful Kath - I keep saying I'll take my camera out into my garden - but its a bit of a mess - so maybe not! Lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cream clematis. Hope you & Buddy enjoyed the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I might have known that you would not actually sit down and rest in the garden....but the garden does look lovely for your efforts.

    It was lovely and sunny here this morning but dark and raining heavily now.... sigh. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. With sunny days so few and far between I don't blame you for spending sometime outside. Your plants look stunning especially the hosta.

    ReplyDelete