Saturday, August 10, 2013

Guess What...

Hi folks...ever the optimist...that's me...I was confident that I'd be congratulating myself this morning on finishing the painting marathon...sadly it hasn't happened...fell at the first hurdle if truth be told...oh I had great intentions but if you are a regular visitor you'll know that I'm easily distracted and prone to going off on weird and wonderful tangents...the distraction on this occasion was Friday's purchases...temptation in a couple of Dunelm bags...
and for goodness sake...how long can it take to plump up a few cushions and hang one pair of curtains even allowing for the dreaded task of smoothing out all the packaging creases...half an hour tops...
but my "have it done in a jiffy" idea turned into a bit of a nightmare...silly moi forgot they were going to be too long and it was either ask hubby to move the curtain pole up a bit...definitely not an option at silly o'clock on a Saturday morning or get out my trusty Fiskars fabric scissors and get chopping...pinning and stitching...
and by the time the task was finished...the day had gone and I was kicking myself for being so easily distracted but I do love the new contemporary look...
the big reveal and popping the champagne cork has been postponed indefinitely...who knows when it'll all be finished...I think I'm losing the plot...can't make up my mind if I'm in a door painting mood today or tempted to continue with the Annie Sloan Bookcase Make-Over...
but whatever way the wind blows...I'll be back tomorrow hopefully with the news that something's been painted
Hugs Kath xxx

26 comments:

  1. So glad you went with the leaf design curtains - they look fab! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no moss growing under your feet! Love the drapes, love the bookcase, ... makes me want to empty the house and start all over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! They look gorgeous! Sorry you had to shorten them though - what a pain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those curtains, they look gorgeous.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the curtains ! I was distracted too.... by the garden .Got all my Christmas stash out to start as well.Never mind early start today XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful curtains and cushions Kath. I see you use my favourite scissors as well. The bookcase is looking good and I can't wait to see it finished. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LoVE, lOVE lOVE...The curtains & cushions... It all looks so beautiful Kath..Now you have me excited about my delivery of Annie Sloan paint... the bookcase is looking good...Have a happy Sunday... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the curtains - I think they really finish the room well. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your .....painting! Have a lovely Sunday
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...it was all worth it Kath, your room is coming together beautifully, and very much looking forward to the finished bookcase, I don't have any Annie Sloan Paint but have read alot about them and the finishes you can create, have a fabby day Kath...:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew you would choose the green and they do look gorgeous. Have a good day whatever you do

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look fab Kath! Don't be too hard on yourself its a job that had to be done so at least you can tick that one off your list!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look perfect Kath..I am so easily distracted that I actually forget what I had originally planned to do only to remember it hours later. Never mind there's always another day ;0) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kath, I love your new contemporary design curtains and cushions - green is such a relaxing colour. Don't sit in there too long today, you will get nothing else done........ The makeover is coming along very nicely too. Enjoy your day! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. so glad you went for the green Kath - they look absolutely stunning - wonderful and hey if you're going to be distracted thats a great thing to be distracted by! Have a fab sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. The curtains and cushions look fabulous Kath! The bookcase is looking good already - I think I would opt for doing that instead of doors:) Have fun whatever you decide xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Green is my fav colour anyway so I'm green with envy how gorgeous these curtains and cushions look......super job Kath!!

    xx Irene

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great curtains and cushions. Relax it's Sunday. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the new curtains and the whole makeover...want to do my house?
    Have a great day Kath ! Hugs to Buddy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looking good so far Kath.

    I know what you mean about being easily distracted. That's definitely me too. I blame it on slow broadband and taking ages to get round my favourite blogs and check out my favourite challenges.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am loving the new look, you have excellent taste in decor. Can you come round and do a make over for my living room please? Go with the Annie Sloan seems like it would be much more fun to do and it is the weekend, leave the doors til tomorrow.
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. i'm not sure it qualifies as a distraction when it's the 'dressing' and sooo productive too...hemming and hanging is definitely a job you have to do when you're in the mood, so I say a day well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks fabulous eat your heart out Kirstie Allsopp

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Kath, love your new curtains and cushions, I also like what you've done to that bookcase. You have certainly been on a roll, the house must be shining like a new pin...Trish

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty curtains kath, good choice on your part. Glad to hear you can get back to the "real" crafty stuff!


    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete