Wednesday, July 24, 2013

This That and The Other...

Hi folks...crikey we're heading again for the end of another week and things haven't quite gone as planned in the crafty department...despite my great intentions of coming home from the Hobbycraft and yummy lunch out trip to get stuck into the list of stuff to do...I ended up vegetating on the sofa and probably like everyone else on the planet was glued to the box for our first glimpse of His Royal Highness Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge...
I'm not a Royalist by any manner of means but I truly believe that William just like his Mother and Kate are the best thing that has ever happened to the Monarchy...how unstuffy they are...ditching all those old fashioned royal protocols...William with his sleeves rolled up and Kate making no attempt to hide her "still got that baby bump" tummy...happy and relaxed proud parents and I had a little giggle at William's obvious relief that he managed to fit the child's car seat first time. I just hope the world's media now leave them alone to enjoy the first precious weeks of bonding with their beautiful baby boy.
And talking of boys...the gorgeous grandkiddies will be arriving today for some fun time with Grandma and Grandad but with the weather playing silly beggars...yes we've had the thunder lightning and torrential "stair rods" rain too...that's put paid to my plan of a day at Stonehaven beach...a picnic lunch...an ice cream from Aunty Betty's and Fish and Chips for supper so I need to come up with an indoor pastime that will burn up some of that exuberant energy that all kids are blessed with.
But first I'll be burning a bit of midnight oil to finish off the kitting for the afternoon class at The Papeterie on Saturday...making our own Melt Pot Jewellery with Mixed Media Bezels...


toodle-oo for now and I'll see you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx

16 comments:

  1. Like millions of people,I am absolutely charmed by the Royal couple....and now the little Prince George! I can't get over how relaxed and happy the new Mom and Dad are! They sure define the new Royalty! Thanks for the little peeks of jewelry-making, Kath!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to watch for the appearance on the hospital steps, just as I watched when William was born!! They are a lovely family. Love it that they are at her parents' home for a while. There are times we need our mothers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kath - we need some rain down here! It's looking very brown and parched, just trying to save my wilting garden is hard work every day - in fact it now reminds me of the year when I had MY son - 28th July 1976 - a whopping 10 pounder in the big drought (with a one year old daughter running around)!
    Did anyone else see baby George waving to the crowds? Getting some practise in early. As for your comments on facebook yesterday - that is why I do not go there! Arrggghhh!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are definitely a beautiful family. Could not help but note the contrast between poor Diana presenting William for the first time and radiant Kate presenting her wee one. The confidence and radiance of Kate instead of the shy hesitancy of Diana. I do have to say that I was a tiny bit disappointed that they did not work Spencer into the litany of names the little prince now has -- but perhaps the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a happy time Kath, they were so relaxed and obviously thrilled with their sweet baby son. I agree they are the best thing that has happened to the royal family for years. Even Charles seems to be letting his hair down a bit more when he speaks ;0) Enjoy your time with the grandchildren and I like the look of those goodies you are going to play with x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab name for the prince. Have fun with your little ones x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too adore this couple they will make great parents & the best thing thats happened to the royal family in a long time... I love the name choice... Have a super day with your Grandchildren I hope the weather is kind to you all... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Couldn't agree more on your Royal's thoughts. Being abroad I missed all of the telly footage, but hey ho.... Have fun with the grandies, and I wished that one day I could do one of your classes, this one sounds like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Couldn't agree with you more Kath!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Couldn't agree with you more Kath!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun with the kiddies Kath!! Nice photo of the proud "normal" young parents with little George!!
    We still suffer from a heatwave in Holland, wouldn't mind some rain at all!!

    xx Irene

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too was glued for the first glimpse of Prince George! How lovely that they have included the name Louis after Lord Mountbatten. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. William and Catherine do look very relaxed and happy with their lovely baby boy. It was nice to see William getting the seat in place so easily, he looked pleased. Maybe he's been practising! Nice to see a baby with a nice normal name, no daft spellings.

    Sneaky peeks look interesting. Susan and I saw the new bits and pieces at the Papeterie and wondered what to do with them!

    Enjoy your time with the grandchildren.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with these Kath.
    As for the misery guts on FB just ignore them - I do cos if I answer back then they've won cos they've got a reaction. It was lovely to see Kate and William and the new baby and I don't care what anyone else says! Have a good week Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too was glued to the screen waiting for the first glimpse of wee Georgie. There's a pic in yesterdays P & J where the baby is screwing up his wee face and I swear he looks like the Queen when she is concentrating on something! Hope you enjoyed your day with the grand chikdren
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kath, hope you had a lovely time with the grandchildren. Agree with you entirely about William and Kate. Best thing to happen and George is lovely.
    My beautiful granddaughter will be with us again tomorrow, can't wait. Have a good weekend. Love and hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete