Friday, June 7, 2013

Retail Therapy-Kath Style...

Hi folks...hey it's the weekend already...lots to do today in the decluttering department ready for the joiner arriving on Monday but I'm also itching to get back to the crafty stuff after yesterday's taking time out with the Friday girls who I have to confess make it their life's mission to suss out new and exciting "never been to before" retail therapy destinations. I was a little bit worried that my choice of magical mystery retail tour was probably not going to rate very high on their favourites list but with last minute DIY bits and pieces to purchase I had no choice but to go down the sneaky "killing 2 birds with one stone" road...starting off at the Builders' Merchants...
I was convinced this could well be the end of beautiful friendships with me banished to the doghouse or at best they'd never let me live down my retail faux pas but how wrong was I...it went down a storm...they were like kids in a sweet shop...lots of ooing and aahing as they feasted their eyes on all the beautiful shining like new pins kitchen displays...crikey I had to forcibly drag them away before they did serious damage to their hubbies' sanity not to mention their wallets. And the kitchen "I could have this" or "we could do that" conversation continued...with the suggestion that we hit the fabric and furniture stores next week...all the way to our favourite lunch venue..the beautiful Ardoe House Hotel on the banks of the River Dee...
at this point of the proceedings the camera battery died so from here on in...I'm relying on photos I snaffled from Ardoe's Facebook page.  Duly greeted and seated...it's decision time...I wouldn't say I'm indecisive...I just have a problem making up my mind when I'm faced with such yummy choices and in my defence this old DIY body needs to keep her energy levels topped up so it was Aberdeen Angus Beef Burger with Pancetta and Fries for me...not the healthiest lunch I grant you but very very delish...
followed by a relaxing coffee and lots more kitchen chat (opened a can of worms there I think) in palatial surroundings...this is such a beautiful room and makes me feel as though I was definitely born in the wrong era...
but the list of things to do is calling and my furry shrink will soon be chomping at the bit to practice his Mum de-stressing skills again so I'll leave you with some sneaky peeks of the afternoon workshop projects for my June classes at The Papeterie...


I'll see you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx