Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Flipping Heck...

Hi folks...flipping heck...what a to-do...the biggest saga of the week hit the cubbyhole when I decided to play with the "long-awaited" Sizzix BigZ Album Accordion Flip 3D die...
to make a "running at the last minute" birthday card for my little Sis...
forgive the bad photography...it isn't nearly so dark looking in real life...the camera does lie sometimes...

and I have to confess this was my third attempt at this little bit of paper engineering...what I thought was going to be a "wham bam-easy peasy-job done" card turned into a nightmare...entirely my own fault...I should have read the instructions that come with the die before charging in like a bull in a china shop or better still popped over HERE to watch a fabulous tutorial from Karen Burniston herself...it really is easy peasy once you know how but what I didn't realise...to get the matting and layering effect I should have also ordered the Frame & Label Bracket Die...
and by the time my befuddled old brain got the hang of the valley/mountain folding trick...I was so chuffed that I'd mastered it that I charged ahead fixing the panels together before I realised it would have been much easier to add the embellishments when everything was lying flat on my workdesk...a mega OOPS moment...hence the "losing the will to live by now" minimalistic decoration. Now I could make them in my sleep...so watch this space for more "Flipping Heck" cards.
I just want to say a very big HAPPY 4th ANNIVERSARY  to Julia and all the lovely crafters at...
I was mega gutted to be up to my crafty eyes again and not able to join in the fun celebrations this week...yes I'm back in the cubbyhole with a vengeance...starting off with deadline attached Fiskars projects to get my teeth stuck into but first I need to unpack the goody box.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx