Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hey...what's cooking...

Hi folks...yes it's Wednesday and it should be time to pop over and play along at WOYWW but perhaps not today considering I've swopped my workdesk and DIY tools in favour of a worktop...yes I'm in the kitchen for a cookathon day stocking up the freezer in preparation for all those " the kitchen is out of commission" evening meals and I've been up with the lark slaving over a hot stove...
browning delicious Italian Sausage...
before adding yummy spicy Tomato Sauce...a Nigella Lawson recipe that I've used for years but hey I need to bang that lid on to let it simmer before it covers the kitchen in millions of little red splatters...
I wish you could smell the delicious aroma coming from the best beef in the world...Aberdeen Angus Steak browned ready to make the filling for some Steak Pies...my taste buds are going crazy and there's a hairy worm doing somersaults in my tum...
just need to saute the onions...add some red wine to deglaze the pan and pick up every last morsel of tastiness...
and while it braises for 2 hours to become melt-in-the mouth delicious...I need a cuppa...before His Furriness and the Chief Cook and Bottle Washer set off for our morning stroll...then back to it to get creative with a huge pack of Steak Mince but I'll be back to the crafty stuff tomorrow sharing the cards I made with the brand new Candi stamps from Craftwork Cards...Bubble Blooms Clarissa and Felicity.
Hugs Kath xxx