Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tags..tags and more Tags...

Morning folks...well what can I say...after a brief blink of sun yesterday it's still raining which means I've been marooned in the cubbyhole making tags and I've surprised even myself at how quickly I'm churning them out.  It's that old adage that sometimes the thought of doing a task is actually more daunting than the task itself and once I got into the swing...they were flying off the production line with the help of my very own personal tutor... "The Professor" aka the King of Distress...Tim Holtz...hang onto your galluses folks...there's a tag fest coming your way...


and today I'm gearing up to nail a whole lot more but first I want to share a fabulous fun technique...making your very own Custom Stamp Pad....if you've done this before you will know that it's mind blowing stuff...initially you're thinking "no way is this going to work...it's going to be an inky disaster"...it takes a lot to blow this old crafter's mind but I never fail to be amazed at this fabulous technique...

if you've never tried it before...prepare yourselves to be well and truly gobsmacked by the results you get from what looks like an inky blobby mess...
and the finished tag...cool huh...
if you want to have a go...you can get step-by-step instructions from "The Professor" himself over at "12 Tags of Christmas 2011" HERE
 The downside of all this inky fun...
but nothing that the scrubbie won't put right...I can't remember when I've enjoyed doing a project so much so I'm off to make more tags whilst I watch the rain run down the window...see you all tomorrow for Tag Fest 2
Hugs Kath xxx