Tuesday, March 21, 2017

On The Farm...

Hi folks...I'm sharing a few cards I made after spending a day down "On The Farm" with Tim's Stampers Anonymous stamp set...

I'm a country girl at heart and it brought back wonderful memories of times spent with a childhood friend on her grandfather's farm...bringing the cows in for milking...mucking out the byre...bottle feeding the orphan lambs and collecting the eggs...we were as happy as larry covered in muck but nowadays my version of mucky is just as much fun but smells less pungent.
and I had lots of fun stamping and colouring these farmyard animal images...

and this is a scene I see often on my trips out and about...a flock of black faced sheep sheltering against a dry stone wall (dry stane dyke as we say in my neck of the woods) on a cold grey murky day somewhere on a Scottish hillside and though I say so myself...I love that moody sombre "it's going to rain any minute" sky created with Iced Spruce/Walnut Stain and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide inks...


but braving the elements to round up sheep in our unpredictable northern climes doesn't sound such a great idea...Bo Peep I am not and His Nibs turns his nose up at retrieving a ball never mind a whole flock of sheep so I'll settle for playing all day in a cosy crafty space with my furry partner snoozing at my feet.
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx