Thursday, December 8, 2016

What A Week...

Hi Everyone...crikey we're heading towards the end of another week and it's scary how quickly Christmas is creeping up on us. At the beginning of the week I was polishing my halo having completed the last Simon Says Stamp DT projects for 2016...

feeling elated...excited and over the moon when a "beyond my wildest dreams" parcel of wonderful fabulousness arrived from Tim Holtz and Ranger late on Tuesday afternoon...
but I'd forgotten that old saying that pride comes before a fall and I can confirm that is definitely true because on yesterday morning's doggy stroll...I slipped on wet leaves and in an Olympian effort to stay on my feet and avoid hitting the ground with a thud..I twisted my back. Good patient I'm not...walking like a pregnant duck with pain shooting down my leg with every step...I had to admit defeat and rest up...my friends will tell you I don't do sitting around/watching TV very well but the "bear with a sore head" mood was averted when...as if by magic the postie came calling with the perfect excuse to take time out without feeling guilty...my little Christmas treat to me from me...
a signed copy of the story of the most talented and wonderful dressage horse ever...not signed by Valegro I hasten to add but by my hero...Carl Hester himself and woohoo...in the same delivery a special Christmas treat from M&S Bank.
They do say that the instant cure for muscle strain is to plunge yourself into an ice cold bath...sod that for a game of soldiers...I stuck with my tried and tested "works everytime" remedy...a painkiller or two and feet up snuggling a hot water bottle and woohoo it seems to have done the trick...I won't be running any marathons but the appointment with the knackers yard has been cancelled and I'm back in the swing...cubbyhole here I come.
Hugs Kath xxx

10 comments:

  1. Ouch!!!
    Glad to hear the hot water bottle treatment seems to have done the trick.
    Some lovely peeks for us to drool over.
    Enjoy your happy mail and take things easy when out with the furry boy.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you Kath. Hope it settles soon. Lots of lovely craftiness WIP here today xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling much better today but please, please - no more trips or slips or Santa will think you have been very naughty .....!!

    Loving the sneak peeks and your pressies are wonderful! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. If determination is a cure, you'll be up and at 'em by tea time Kath...if not, then you enjoy the book and a chance for a chill before any more whirlwinds hit you...take care...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kath,
    I feel your pain...really! I have permanent back problems but even though they are painful, I don't think they come even close to one back strain a few years ago. I was in charge of the checkout department and security office of a large DIY store and one day, just as I grabbed hold of the very heavy door to the safe, I sneezed. It felt like someone had run a red-hot poker through my back muscles! It's so easily done isn't it but I have to agree that your remedy is MUCH better than the cold bath route lol.
    Glad to hear that you're feeling better and that some goodies came with Mr. Postie :)
    Bejay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kath, you do make me chuckle. Sorry to hear you hurt your back and it is now better. Loving the sneaky peeks too. Enjoy the rest of the week, so scary to think Christmas is only a couple of weeks away!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you poor thing. Sorry Kath but I an laughing!! You paint such a wonderful picture. Like you l am a great believer in the hot water bottle.
    Hope you have a good day tomorrow. Smiles. Jan.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh Kath,I know I shouldn't laugh but you do make me laugh.It's your description I can see everything.Of course I would not want you to be hurt or in pain and am sorry it happened but glad you did not break anything.That book does look so interesting too.You take care now.Huggles and a Christmas Cuddle for Buddy.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a way with words Kath and make this all sound very lighthearted but I'm glad you got lots of treats, you so deserve them and I'm also glad you're on the mend. Take care and I hope you have a good weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Kath !!!! I hope you are feeling so much better x it sounds like you gave yourself a sore one!!! Don't you just love a hot water bottle.......real comfort !!!!
    Like your peeks and wow see!!! Happy Mail from Tim & Ranger......enough to make the pain heal!!!!

    Love your book....these horses are amazing......relax and enjoy xx you deserve it xxx
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete