Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas on a grand scale...

Hi folks...the annual trip to my local garden centre is as much a tradition as Christmas Day lunch...a chance to lose myself in a wonderland of all things Christmas...a couple of hours relief from the stresses of the Christmas preparations. I have to say I was a little disappointed that Santa wasn't at the front door to welcome us this year but hey ho...he's probably too busy...
there was a LOT of RED going on...
 and this reminded me of a Victorian parlour...
followed by a little bit of a rustic Nordic theme and a nod to Tim Holtz perhaps with the ice skating boots. I loved this cute St Bernard but crikey you would have needed a little snifter from his brandy barrel if you'd seen the price tag...cheaper to buy the real live version I think.
 and hey if you really want to go completely over the top with Christmas
 why not decorate your car...
 could this be this year's Christmas outfit...
 with matching decor of Gold Silver and Black...
or just plain Gold and Silver...
And it's back to the kitchen today...the final push to get all the Christmas grub organised but I fear the old willpower will be put to the ultimate test...temptation is everywhere...especially the ham I bought from Aldi at a third of the price that Costco were charging and half the cost from M&S and it's absolutely very very more-ishly delicious.
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx

11 comments:

  1. May you all have a wonderful festive season, buddy needs to remember not to undo all the good diet work he's put in this year so he might need so help to maintain his new sylph like shape....lively pictures of Raemoir GC! I never took any this year.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magical feast for they eyes, just stunning.


    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos Kath. We have some lovely garden centre displays near where I live and I could happily wander for hours.
    The ham looks very nice - big temptation not to have a few tasters whilst slicing.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I thought our Garden Centre was good! Wow! I used to have a beautiful Mini just like that, those were the days!! The ham links very inviting too .... hugs Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, I love to see these every year as we don't have anything like as good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a beautiful display all in one place. Please post pictures of you in that outfit and Buddy with the cask around his neck. The black phone reminds me of the one we had when I was a kid. Your ham looks so juicy and delicious. I'm wishing you the happiest of holidays with your family and thanking you for all the inspiration you've given us all year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so pretty they do make gorgeous displays at these places and the ham looks yummy too! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pics Kath, looks a very nice place to visit, and as for that ham, yummy, I could just go some of that!!
    Have a great Xmas
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely place with lots of magic going on. Thank you for sharing all the wonderful pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Garden Centre's have certainly changed over the years lol.Wonderful pics love all the settings.Thanks for sharing,yumeeee that ham sure looks good,bet Buddy thinks so too.Huggles xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kath, gorgeous photos, it's amazing how glitter makes everything look fantastic and magical. That ham looks delicious, makes me feel hungry just looking at it, you are well prepared... Trish

    ReplyDelete