Monday, November 10, 2014

"A Vintage Journey" Guest Creative Guide..

Hi folks...I can't tell you how excited and honoured I was to be asked to join the lovely girls over at A Vintage Journey as today's GUEST CREATIVE GUIDE...a little bit nervous too and what on earth was I going to make for the theme...
BOUNTIFUL HARVEST
After much deliberating whether it would be a mixed media canvas or journal...an altered art extravanganza or decorating a configurations box...an idea popped into my head BUT would I be able to translate it on to paper so to speak. I'm always very critical of my own work...I think that's just something that all us crafters suffer from but on this occasion I have to say that I'm rather pleased with how my Bountiful Harvest Pot Pourri Sack turned out...
I won't deny that stitching the hessian/burlap together to make the sack was definitely a challenge...one that nearly had me throwing in the towel but you know me...not one to give up at the first hurdle...where there's a will there's a way is my motto and thankfully it turned out alright on the night...

if you want to see how it all came together...hop on over to A Vintage Journey for a little step-by-step journey...needless to say I'm not sharing the pic of ME stamping my feet in frustration...I confess to having a little hissy fit when the hessian got stuck in the foot of the sewing machine requiring the patience of a saint and the skill of a neurosurgeon to detangle it.
See you all tomorrow with news from The NEC...
Hugs Kath xxx

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous harvest bag Kath. Such a beautiful creation. Put your Hessian between two pieces of tissue paper and it also lets you see where your stitching. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creation Kath - I love all the detail.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your guest spot. Your style fits in well. Clever little sack. Gives me an idea for Santa's sack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful harvest bag Kath.. love all the elements you have on there, popping over to see how you achieved it... Thank you for sharing how you made it:)..
    Hugs,
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow Kath, this is one of the best ideas for hessian I have seen in a long time. Totally gorgeous - and such a great idea for Christmas gifts.... the leaves and foliage are stunning!

    It has been wonderful to have you with us as Creative Guide at A Vintage Journey - a real pleasure in fact! Big hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks fabulous and well worth your effort. A lovely autumnal centre piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the frustration was obviously worth it! (says she who isn't even going to think about attempting it...). The end result is simply stunning. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kath, you have made such a gorgeous creation here. Love the rustic country vintage look to perfection. I so love this. Look fab in a country farm house! Pat on the back for getting through the hiccups. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kath, this is absolutely stunning. I love the colours and the mix of foliage and berries. Hugs, Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kath, love your creation, it would look great in a farmhouse kitchen or in a window display. I presume you are home safe and sound giving the legs a well deserved rest. Buddy will be fair chuffed to get you back home for his lovely walks...Trish

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so beautiful, Kath. You have my undying admiration for managing to sew the hessian together. I'm pretty sure I would have given up or maybe glued it onto a piece of dark fabric that was easier to sew...OR...given it to my sister, who is the sewer in the family lol. I've fallen in love with the leaves and the finished item is just so beautiful. Well done you :). x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful project, Kath. You should be pleased with it! And for your guest spot! Thank you, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely to have you over at AVJ Kath, must sign up to follow you. Looking forward to updates.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful Kath and so creative you are x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your Hessian pot- pourri sack Kath. Beautifully made and a colourful feast for the eyes. Congratulations on your guest creative guide spot for A Vintage Journey.
    Hugs Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is absolutely stunning! I love your unique interpretation of the theme. Such a beautiful rustic creation! Congratulations on your GDT spot.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete