Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Here I come...ready or not

Hi folks...not long now and I'll be heading to the airport for my early morning flight to Birmingham...suited...booted and all packed up...the weather forecast looks like rain...oh bother but never mind I'm looking forward to my NEC holibobs...not the suntan lotion...bikini or sangria kind but the "no cooking or household chores for 5 days" variety  and I'm crossing my fingers that there are no "shutting down the airport" numptie moments at the other end and talking of numptie moments...about an hour ago I had a real lightbulb explosion moment...nearly a catastrophic cubbyhole calamity...an oversight of mammoth proportions.
I had created a template sheet weeks ago on the computer for the 280 sentiments needed for the Fiskars Workshop Project...

but someone totally forgot to print them off...chop them up into strips or include them in the Workshop parcel which is now sitting in Birmingham...oops oops oops are not the words that came from my mouth but I believe it's not PC to use profanities online so let's just say I was not a very happy bunny at the prospect of burning the midnight oil to get the job done and my fellow residents weren't too chuffed either when I powered up Mr Dyson to help with the clean up operation.
But they are now safely packed in my suitcase along with the little Mini Egg treats for my Fiskars buddies...
 it's my favourite little chirpy chirpy cheep cheep fella again...
and I made a bit of a miscalculation in the egg department...so goodie goodie gumdrops...there are left-overs and they're definitely all mine....this morning's in flight snack...
And I'm now officially registered on the Bling Fling Aberdeen Charity Walk taking place on Sunday 25th May to raise funds for 2 very worthwhile charities...
Breast Cancer Research and Care at ARI 
and 
Archway 
a local charity supporting children, young people and adults with learning disabilities 
I've signed on the dotted line so there's no turning back now...I'm hoping that my 5 day stint at the NEC will help limber up the old legs and that I can rely on the generosity of my bloggy buddies to help me reach my sponsorship target...every little helps so please donate if you can...click on the Bling Fling Icon at the top of my sidebar which will take you to my Just Giving Page.
See you all tomorrow from Birmingham
Hugs Kath xxx