Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Headless Chicken Tuesday...

Hi folks...there's no other way to describe what will be happening today...I'll be running around like the proverbial headless chicken or the cat with the scalded bum...it's going to be a "sorting out the old barnet" and "tart up the grungy nails" kind of a day and I'll be running the gauntlet of the usual raised eyebrows and big sighs when my lovely nail guru sees the mammoth task ahead of her but I have a plan...

a little sugary sweet peace offering is guaranteed to earn me some brownie points and get me back in the good books but will I able to muster the willpower to avoid that old habit of one for me...one for the box and it looks like it's going to be a tough day for the cubbyhole crew in the willpower department after these new boys arrived to take up residence.
and the good news is I've finally got a replacement for my old faithful Ranger Heat It Tool...I've been lost without it...somehow I just don't get on with the long slim variety...
and the not so good news is that Mr Big Shot has been laid up in Intensive Care with a sheared off handle but all is well...after a consulation with Dr Sizzix...a new handle is on it's way...a minor surgical procedure and he should be as good as new and raring to go again...
But there will be no crafting today...I'll be tackling the ironing pile and facing that old "decisions decisions" dilemma of what clothes to pack...is it going to be mild and sunny in Birmingham or like last March...snowing and absolutely baltic...the problem of stuffing your suitcase with a variety of all weather gear is that it doesn't leave much room for crafty purchases...will I chance the weather or travel down dressed in many many layers with my hot water bottle strapped to my back and end up looking like Michelin Man.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx

10 comments:

  1. Looking at the forecast I think you are going to need your raincoat Kath. I'm heading off to Torquay on Thursday for a conference hubby's attending and after all these lovely dry days - guess what? - yes it's going to rain. Never mind - the sea air will do me a power of good whatever the weather. Hope you have a good time in Brum. See you on the other side. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those new inks Kath..enjoy your nail pamper session..& your domestic goddess duties (lol) My pet hate is ironing.. Have a good day... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little easter boxes and I ended up with one for me and another for me and ate the lot. Enjoy your mini pamper and safe trip to NEC x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forecast for NEC is wet. So perhaps you need layers and something waterproof. Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm mini eggs Kath, my favourite. Hope you keep that head on sounds like a busy day x

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are about 1.1/2 hours from NEC and it has been foggy and overcast here for the last three days, rain is expected but it is not too cold.....10c ish. Enjoy your pamper and have a safe and fun trip! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope its goes alright getting your nails done Kath - i'M sure the eggs will help. I was in Nottingham at the weekend and it was warm and sunny - I don't think thats too far from Birmingham! Have a great few days Kath - I just know you will xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy day ahead for you Weather is supposed to cool down by the end of the week but no snow so you won't need too thick clothes leaving space for crafty stash, like you need any more of course! Good new re BS too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kath, loved your frames yesterday and today it's those cute wee boxes you've made for the yummy Easter eggs. Enjoy your pamper day, and safe journey down tomorrow. Brodie looked great on the video, he'll never forget the excitement and all that noise coming from the crowds...Trish

    ReplyDelete
  10. Safe journey to the NEC Kath, I will be there too on Thursday so will be looking out for you. My advice is leave as much space for crafty purchases as possible, in my experience I always come home with far, far more than I anticipated, lol.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete