Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Blimey with a capital B...

Hi folks...today's the day that the day after the day after syndrome kicks in...hard to describe how I feel right now...parts of my body that I never knew existed are currently aching...I feel as though I've been trampled by a stampeding herd of elephants...run over by a convoy of trucks and flew all the way home hanging on to the back of the plane but hopefully in a few days I'll be back to running about like a headless chicken again...thank goodness my Bling Fling Walk wasn't scheduled for this coming weekend or I'd be doing it on my hands and knees.
And talking of Bling Fling I was absolutely overwhelmed by the generosity of the lovely crafty folks at The NEC and thanks to David from Samuel Taylor, David and Brenda from Craft Obsessions, Jane and Penny from Art of Craft... my lovely Fiskars teamie Lynne...special crafty buddy Carol...the lovely folks who came to the Fiskars Workshops and the lovely guy at Aberdeen Airport...I have boosted my sponsorship total by £133.25...thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart.
But back to the mystery of the 4kgs heavier coming home suitcase...how could that have happened when my NEC shopping list was rather modest...the usual must-have Timmie stuff from the lovely David and Brenda at the Craft Obsessions stand which is always rather handily situated across the way from the Fiskars stand.
OK there was the odd extra little splurge here and there...a blending mat from Clarity Stamps...
but nothing that was going to create suitcase packing nightmares...how wrong was I.
You may remember my fascination with the gorgeous gorgeous creations by Jenny Muncaster at Stitches using Pebeo products..beautiful art canvasses which the lovely Ashley from Pebeo assured my Fiskars teamie Hina and I that we could create and promised us a little goodie box to play with...if this is little...I dread to think what big would be...
but with absolutely not a scoobie doo how to use all these products...Jenny...Ashley and the Pebeo team 
very kindly gave us a fabulous one to one workshop at the end of the day...
and here's what I made...our 15 minutes dribbling products everywhere was great fun...left to dry overnight and the texture is amazing...
still have a long way to go before I can make anything as gorgeous as the huge canvasses Jenny created at the show...

but would I have room for all my goodies...a practice packing run was required back at the hotel and it quickly became clear that I might just be able to fit everything into my suitcase if I wore 6 layers of clothes on the way back...that was until Rob MDF Man set the cat amongst the pigeons...Blimey with a capital B...there was no way on earth I would manage to squeeze these beauties in...
but my lovely Fiskars teamie Hina came to the rescue and kindly agreed to speak nicely to Mr Hermes so they are scheduled to arrive in the cubbyhole soon...meanwhile I need to have a bit of a clear the decks session but I'll be back tomorrow to share our "couldn't make it up if you tried" adventures in the company of crazy Mrs Sat Nav.
Hugs Kath xxx