Monday, January 20, 2014

I'm back..

Hi folks...I'm back in the cubbyhole after completing my jury service...an experience I won't forget in a hurry...for this old crafter whose daily commute involves walking from the kitchen to my place of work my body may never recover from the bony shaking twice a day Park & Ride bus journey and the great big wake-up call to the fact I've led a sheltered life...a shocking interesting harrowing difficult exhausting experience...a 4 day rollercoaster of emotions...the only saving grace were my fellow jurors...a lovely bunch of folks...all ages and from all walks of life and it may sound strange to say it was also lots of fun too...when confronted by the nastier side of life..an inherent sense of humour kicks in...policemen have it in abdundance...also known as gallows humour and it's the only way you can cope with such a serious situation. And if you're prone to complain that your life is a bit humdrum...bordering on boring sometimes...be grateful...I am. But my turn is over and I can't be recalled within 5 years...by that time I'll be approaching the age limit...thank the Lord for that.
And the perfect antidote was a fun day out on Saturday to Top Gear Live with the grandkiddies despite the torrential rain and howling wind in Glasgow...we had a blast with Messrs Clarkson...May...The Hamster and of course The Stig...

thrills...spills...
and lots of pyrotechnics...
and another new experience for Grandma...a McD Happy Meal for supper on the way home.
Looking forward to being back to tackling a pile of work...more new products will be arriving soon from Fiskars and I'll be finishing off the prep for the Great British Craft Workshop this weekend at Craftwork Cards...my lovely buddy Enfys and I are so looking forward to a fun day with lots of lovely crafters and a kicking up our heels evening with our lovely buddies Sue and Julie at the Strictly Come Dancing Tour...time to dust off my party frock and look out the pots of sequins and glitter I think.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx