Tuesday, December 17, 2013

All in the name of Art...

Hi folks...it's amazing what some of us crazy crafters get up to "All In The Name Of Art" and hey I'm sure you'll agree I am crazier than most. But before I regale you all with my latest tale...I have to say a big thank you for all your congrats e-mails and comments on Facebook...yes I was utterly gobsmacked and ever so humbled to get another Blogworthy Link from my Heroes...
the guys that inspire me each and every day...the sweethearts that are Tim Holtz and Mario Rossi and oh boy I have to admit to shedding a little tear or if truth be told...blubbing like a babe...so a big thank you guys for turning another frazzled day in the run up to Christmas into one that was very special...love you loads.
But back to the latest cubbyhole crew adventure which kicked off when I decided at 4pm on a dark cold windy afternoon last week that I needed some small pine cones for my last DT project of the year. Now I know that Mr TH has a fabulous die that I could have used but for some reason unbeknown to man I got it into my noodle that nothing but the real thing would do...so armed with a big torch and my trusty furry partner we set off in pursuit. Not the best idea ever...it was definitely a bit spine chilling and scary walking through a pitch black forest with the wind howling through the trees and my mind playing spooky tricks so we abandoned Plan A and hightailed it out of there.
Time to implement Plan B...bright and early the next morning we were back in hot pursuit of the little blighters but it soon became apparent that the Furry Boy wasn't going to be much help...obviously his retrieving skills don't run to pine cones...after all they aren't edible so no way was he going to be interested in joining in the hunt and why oh why can't he stay on the path instead of taking shortcuts through all the muddy areas...
where are we going to find pine cones....where there are conifers of course...
and voila...
but like all the fruits of the forest they tuck themselves away in inaccessible places...nothing else for it to be get down on my hands and kness and scramble through the undergrowth to retrieve the treasure...
What I didn't realise is these beauties were home to hundreds of microscopic little beasties who were a bit miffed at being evacuated from their home and were running hither and thither on my workdesk looking for an alternative place to snuggle up for winter...little did they know it would be Mr Dyson's tummy.
All we need to complete our adventurous project are some tealights...a piece of cake quick trip to M&S and we've cracked it.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx