Thursday, August 8, 2013

Make-over Fever

Hi folks...with the grandkiddies departed for home...it's back to the boring old stuff again and I should have been continuing with the painty stuff but after 2 days off I've been struck down with that old "can't gee my ginger" feeling so I took myself off out to the garage yesterday for yet another "try and clear the debris" kind of a morning and it's amazing what you once thought was stuff destined for the car boot or perhaps the bin takes on a whole new perspective when you've got your recycling hat on...an ancient wall plaque bought from M&S many many moons ago that used to hang in my kitchen...
resurrected back to life with a little help from Paperartsy Chalk Paints...a new piece of Wall Art for my newly decorated chill-out haven...

and an old glass shelf discarded during the bathroom make-over...now used for decorative bits and bobs in the kitchen...
And there's been a development in the Crown Paint Saga...there was little point in me ranting and raving to you all on here and not letting Crown know my feelings so I e-mailed them to say how disappointed I was in their "environmentally friendly" Gloss Paint expecting at best one of those automatically generated replies from such a global brand...how wrong was I and totally taken aback at the immediate response from Eric in Customer Services...
"we are sorry and very concerned...our customers are important to us and we take it very seriously if a customer is so disappointed that they find it necessary to complain to us.  If you would be kind enough to give me your telephone number I will give you a ring at a time convenient to yourself...we can have a chat and resolve this matter to your satisfaction".  
No ifs...buts or excuses...just sincere apologies for the inconvenience this caused me and a refund which has now arrived in my bank account...well done Crown...definitely 10 out of 10 for the excellent customer service...if only the quality of their paint matched the same high standards...they'd be taking the paint world by storm.
But back to the current dilemma...I fear I may be stuck on this painting hamster wheel forever and may never make it back to the cubbyhole so I'm planning a final DIY push this weekend but first I'm off to kick up my heels with the Friday Girls...a shopping spree to get those finishing accents...why do I think they will be in their element "splashing MY cash" and it just so happens it's also my turn to buy lunch.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath