Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What a difference a day makes...

Hi folks...I've been in a bit of a Moaning Minnie mood...for starters the sun decided he isn't going to play anymore and snuck off to hide behind the clouds and Mr Mojo has packed his bags and headed off into the wild blue yonder...yesterday's attempt to get back in the crafty swing ended up as a 5 hour blood sweat and tears session with one measly card and a bin full of rejects to show for it and just to add to the doom and gloom the joiner arrives on Monday to continue the DIY saga and am I ready...in a word "NO"...what started off like a runaway train seems to have descended into a "coughing and spluttering" will we ever make it up the hill and into the station affair...carpets to lift...furniture to move and the all important declutterisation (is there such a word) of said spaces...roughly translated...the joy of moving one room's clutter into another.
Talk about throwing in the towel...I was all ready to abandon the whole "who's bright idea was this in the first place" thing and head for the hills...either that or take to my bed...pull the duvet over my head...suck my thumb and let someone else deal with the fall-out...I should have listened to Kevin McCloud...this Project Manager job definitely isn't a walk in the park BUT it's amazing what a difference a day makes...how things can turn around in the space of 24 hours...oh yes I'm now in crush a grape mode...thanks to David and Brenda at Craft Obsessions I now have a humungous non-stick crafty mat area to work on...there are 3 sizes to choose from or you can have one custom cut to your requirements...you'll find all the details HERE...
you can tell I don't get out much can't you but sometimes it's the simple things in life that give us the most pleasure and right this minute I'm on cloud nine...could this be what I need to kick start the old crafty inspiration again and I have the very thing to christen it with...my yummy DT parcel from Craftwork Cards and when you place your first order on the brand new website...you'll get 15% discount off everything that pops into your basket...time for a little treat yourself indulgence perhaps.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx