Friday, February 22, 2013

Fun with the Fiskars Fuse...Day 1

Hi folks...I'm still buzzing after my Stitches adventure...it's just a pity that the old body doesn't want to join in the excitement and I wish I'd got the number of the truck that ran me over when I wasn't looking. The show was so busy with craft buyers from the big chains...shopping channels and independent retailers from across Europe all shopping for new products but I didn't get a chance to hop around and check out all the lovely goodies on show but I did find time to pay sneaky visits to the Sizzix stand...it's always so beautifully decorated with gorgeous samples and this one really caught my eye...this adorable house showcasing the extraordinary talents of my lovely Sizzix buddy...Paula Pascual...
but I didn't have my camera with me so I borrowed this pic from my lovely buddy Enfys...pop over to her blog where she's making me very jealous with pics of all the lovely goodies she spotted at the show including this beauty...hard to believe this started out as a tatty old piece of polystyrene...
but back to the job in hand and time to share some of the samples I made for Stitches using the fabulous...
I can't begin to tell you how much fun I've had with THE FUSE...in fact the cubbyhole turned into the proverbial sweet shop and I was like a big kid playing around and experimenting with lots of different materials. And you know me I have a bit of an obsession with snowflakes so this one jumped right to the front of the queue...die cut...embossed and letterpressed onto white cardstock and then glittered with Glamour Dust...inspired by my Hero Arts buddy...the lovely Shari Carroll...
die cut...embossed and coloured with Broken China Distress Ink

Medium Design Set-Tag
Medium Design Set-Bird
this cute little bird die cut and letter pressed onto felt...
if you're a stamper you'll know it is virtually impossible to get a clean crisp image on felt using the traditional stamp method but with The Fuse you get perfect detail everytime...
the leaf was die cut and letter pressed onto felt...
Medium Expansion Pack-Square
I used the rule design plate from the above pack to letterpress onto twill ribbon...
I'll be back tomorrow to share more Fuse makes...in the meantime I'm off to give the old body a good old talking to...time to get back to the day job and put my thinking cap on for my first demo and workshop day of the year at THE PAPETERIE on 2nd March...did I happen to mention that it's now officially the BEST CRAFT SHOP IN SCOTLAND...just a week and a bit away and then get stuck into my project and the prep for the Fiskars Workshop at Hobbycraft at the NEC in 4 week's time...I think I may need a few cuppas before I look out a pile of big girl knickers for some "back up against the wall and skidding in by the seat of my pants" cubbyhole sessions...just a normal day really in this hectic space we call The Cubbyhole.
Hugs Kath xxx